Sunday 2 February 2020

Weather

Below are the commonly asked questions in the IELTS speaking test.

  1. What's the weather like today?
    It's really freezing (or sunny, cool, breezy, chilly, warm, humid, hot) today. If I didn't have to take the IELTS exams, I would prefer to stay at home watching my favourite TV series.
  2. What kind of weather do you like (best)?
    Actually, I prefer cloudy days, because then it's neither too hot nor too cold. And what's more important to me is that this weather is perfect for photography as the light is so soft. So at this time of day, I like to go out with my camera to take photos.
  3. What's the weather (usually) like in your hometown?
    In my hometown, the weather is quite pleasant, neither too hot nor too cold most of the time. Even in winter, the temperature is still quite mild, but the summer is often hot and humid.
  4. Do you like that weather (ỏ, that kind of climate)?
    One thing I am not happy about the weather in my hometown is that it doesn't snow at all. There are places with snowfalls in Vietnam, like Sapa, but only just a little bit. Every time I see children having a snowball or making a snowman on TV, I genuinely envy them.  
  5. Can you give any examples of unusual weather?
    As for the unusual weather, global warming has really become a trendy topic around the world. It is caused by the greenhouse effect as the sheer volume of carbon dioxide emitted into the air, prevents the atmosphere from cooling off at night.
  6. Would you prefer to live in a place that has just one, warm season, that lasts the whole year or a place with different seasons?
    Well, if I had to choose between the two, I'd probably go with the distinct seasons in each year because each season has its own metrics. I think I would get bored if it was warm all year round.
  7. Do people in Vietnam play the same sports in a different season of the year?
    No, in spring and autumn, when the temperature is neither too cold nor too hot, people in Vietnam tend to hike in the mountains or go running. When it comes to summer, camping in the forests and playing balls, etc. But in winter, people believe it not suitable for outdoor exercises, so they prefer to either play indoor games like swimming in indoor swimming pools, badminton, volleyball or stay at home to keep warm.

No comments :