Thursday 8 December 2016

Way to describe Taste in English

When was the last time you had a really nice piece of chocolate cake or a fresh piece of fruit? Did you know how to describe the taste in English? What can you say when something tastes great?

If it tastes good

  • This tastes good!
  • The food was delicious.
  • The food is so delicious.
  • Amazing
  • Appealing
  • Appetizing
  • Delectable
  • Delicious
  • Delightful
  • Divine
  • Enjoyable
  • Enticing
  • Excellent
  • Yummy
  • Wonderful
  • Terrific

If it tastes bad

  • That's disgusting
  • Ew, I don't like that.
  • This is ok but I've had better.
  • I'm not crazy about that.

Way saying "I'm done eating"

  • I'm full
  • I'm stuffed
  • Thank you but I could't eat another bite. It was all so good.
  • I could't eat another bite I am so full/ stuffed
  • Everything was so delicious I am completely full.
  • I have had more than enough already, I just can't eat any more.

How to describe the flavor

  • The fruit is so good. It's perfect. (Fruit is at the perfect stage for eating (juicy, flavorful) we can say that it is "ripe.")
  • It's the perfect combination of sweet and salty. (We can say this about any kind of dessert that brings out both the sweet and the salty flavor.)
  • It's so fresh. ( When something is "fresh" it is in good shape to eat. It is ripe. It is not too old or "spoiled".)
  • The flavors are rich. ( When we say that the flavors are "rich" we mean that they are intense. Fudge is rich. Cheesecake is also rich.)
  • This is kind of bitter. ( Coffee can be bitter. Bitter is the opposite of sweet.)
  • This doesn't have much taste. It's bland. ( Things that are "bland" have no flavor. Sometimes a slice of bread can be bland.)
  • It's really sweet and sugary. ( Most desserts are sweet and sugary.)
  • It's hot (spicy). ( When a kind of food has a lot of spice we can say that it is "hot" or "spicy." Indian food or Mexican food can be very "hot.")
  • This taste very sour. ( A lemon tastes sour. You can use this expression when you eat anything with a sour flavor like lemon or vinegar.)

No comments :