Monday 28 November 2016

Words of day #20


 
Meaning:
when you are so hungry that your lack of food causes you to become angry, frustrated or both.
Example:
1. "Damn! Where is that steak I ordered? We've been waiting for an hour and a half here. The service here is terrible! I'm starving! I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel really hangry!"
2. John hadn't eated in three days and began to get hangry.
3. I'm feeling a bit annoyed because I haven't eaten breakfast!
4. Allen: I hate you and I want to punch you.
    Randy: Why are you so angry with me?
    Allen: I'm sorry, I haven't eaten since breakfast so I'm         just hangry, bro.

Meaning of “hangry” in the English Dictionary

hangryadjective

 /ˈhæŋ.ɡri/ /ˈhæŋ.ɡri/ informal

becoming angry because you are feeling hungry:

People often get hangry when their blood sugar level is low.

No comments :