Người ta vẫn thường hay nói " cái thằng đó nói dối không hở kẽ răng" hay " nói dối một cách trơ trẽn, trắng trợn". Khi ai đó đã nói dối bạn nhưng họ vẫn không có cảm giác tội lỗi, không sợ ảnh hưởng đến những người khác hay những người xung quanh họ. Vậy trong tiếng anh nói thế nào?
- To tell someone something that's completely untrue.
- To say something that you clearly know to be false.
- (informal) to tell someone something that you know is completely false
- When she said she was nearly 30 years old, I knew she was lying through her teeth!
- They promised we'd get free drinks every day at our hotel but they were lying through their teeth.
- He lied through his teeth when he said he bought her an expensive engagement ring – it was just a cheap one from the catalogue.
- Slater wasn't a doctor, he had never been to medical school, he just lied through his teeth and we believed him.
- When I was pregnant, I felt very unattractive but my husband used to tell me I was the most beautiful woman in the world. Of course he was lying through his teeth. I knew it wasn't true at all.
- Mom asked Sally where she got ten dollars. But instead of telling the true, she lie through her teeth. She said she'd found the money but in fact she stole it from a friend. Now she's being punished.
- Don't believe him, he is lying through his teeth.
- She lies through her teeth to the customers.
- Follow m,y lead. I am going to lie through my teeth.
- He asked me how old I was and, lying through my teeth, I said "29".