At times it happens you have to change your decision. English phrases which would come handy on in your English speaking/conversation when you want to change your decision.
Đôi khi có điều gì đó xảy ra làm bạn phải thay đổi quyết định, dự định của mình. Những cụm từ này sẽ giúp các bạn trong giao tiếp khi bạn muốn thay đổi quyết định, ý định của mình.
- I changed my mind: changed my decision/opinion
Ex: I was going to buy a new car but then I changed my mind and decided to buy a bike instead
- I've had a change of heart: change decision, felling toward some positive
Ex: We were told that we had to work on Christmas Eve, but then our boss had a change of heart and gave us that day off.
- Hang on/ Wait a minute/second: thinking and changing a decision
Ex: Hang on a minute. I don't want a pizza. I'll order some paste today.
- On second thought: after thinking about the decision
Ex: On second thought, let's go to park instead of the mall.
- After further consideration (formal): put in a lot of thought
Ex: We appreciate your efforts, but after further consideration, we had decided to stop the project work.
- He/she convinced me/ persuaded me: someone influence your decision
Ex: I wanted to travel to Malaysia but Tom convinced me Australia would be a better place to visit.
- I'm not sure what I was thinking: decision was not logical
Ex: I don't have money to travel aboard, I don't what I was thinking when I agree to join you a vacation.
- I did a 180: changed you decision, felling
Ex: I used to think a swimmer are show off but after my accident in the pool, I did a 180.