Tuesday 5 January 2016

100 lesson English conversation for beginner


Lesson 1: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

-        Hello
o   Hello
-        How are you?
o   I’m good. How are you?
-        Good. Do you speak English?
o   A little. Are you American:
-        Yes.
o   Where are you from?
-        I’m come from California.
o   Nice to meet you.
-        Nice to meet you, too.

Lesson 2: DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?

-        Excuse me, are you American?
o   No.
-        Do you speak English?
o   A little but not very well
-        How long have you been here?
o   2 months/ only 2 months
-        What do you do for work?
o   I’m student. How aout you?
-        I’m student, too.

Lesson 3: WHAT ‘S YOUR NAME?

-        Excuse me, what’s your name?
o   My name is …. What’s yours?
-       
o   You speak English very well.
-        Thank you.
o   Do you know what time is it?
-        Sure. It’s 5.10 pm.
o   Sorry. What did you say?
-        I said 5.10 pm.
o   Thank you


Lesson 4: ASKING DIRECTIONS

-        Hi, Nick
o   Hi Ann. What’s up?
-        I’m looking for airport. Can you tell me how to get there?
o   No, sorry. I don’t know.
-        I think I can take the subway to the airport. Do you know where the subway is?
o   Sure. It’s over there.
-        Where? I don’t see it.
o   Across the street.
-        Oh, I see it now. Thanks.
o   Do you know if there’s a restroom around here.
-        Yes, there’s one here. It’s in the store.
o   Thanks.
-        Bye.

Lesson 5: I’M HUNGRY

-        Hi, Sara. How are you?
o   Fine. How are you doing?
-        Ok
o   What do you want to do?
-        I’m hungry. I’d like to eat something.
o    Where do you want to go?
-        I’d like go to an Italian food restaurant.
o   What kind of Italian food do you like?
-        I like spaghetti. Do you like spaghetti?
o   No, I don’t but I like pizza.

Lesson 6: DO YOU WANT SOMETHING TO DRINK?

-        David, would you like something to eat?
o   No, I’m full.
-        Do you want to something to drink?
o   Yes, I’d like some coffee.
-        Sorry, I don’t have coffee.
o   That’s ok. I’ll have a glass of water.
-        A small glass or big one.
o   Small, please.
-        Here you go.
o   Thanks.
-        You’re welcome.

Lesson 7: THAT’S TOO LATE.

-        Marry, would you like to get something to eat with me?
o   Ok, when?
-        At 10 o’clock.
o   10 in the morning?
-        No, At night.
o   Sorry, that’s too late. I usually go to bed around 10.pm
-        Ok, how about 1.30 pm.
o   No, that’s too early. I’ll still be at work then.
-        How about 5pm
o   That’s fine.
-        Ok, see you then.
o   Alright. Bye.


Lesson 8: CHOOSE A TIME TO MEET

-        Ann, would you like to have dinner with me?
o   Yes, that would be nice. When do you want to go?
-        Is today ok?
o   Sorry, I can’t go today.
-        How about tomorrow night?
o   Ok. What time?
-        Is 9.00pm all right?
o   I think that’s too late.
-        Is 6.00pm ok?
o   Yes, that’s good. Where would you like to go?
-        The Italian restaurant on 5th street.
o   Oh, I don’t like that restaurant. I don’t want to go there.
-        How about Korean restaurant next to it?
o   Ok, I like that restaurant.

Lesson 9: WHEN DO YOU WANT TO GO?

-        Hi Mark,
o   Hi.
-        What are you planning to do today?
o   I’m not sure yet.
-        Would you like to have lunch with me?
o   Yes, when?
-        Is 11.30 am ok?
o   Sorry, I didn’t hear you. Can you say that again please?
-        I said 11.30am
o   Oh, I’m busy then. Can we meet a little later?
-        Ok, how about 12.30am
o   Ok, where?
-        How about Bill’s seafood restaurant?
o   Oh, where’s that?
-        It’s on 7th street.
o   I’ll meet you there


Lesson 10: ORDER FOOD

-        Hello, sir, would you like to order now?
o   What do you have?
-        What would you like to drink?
o   I’ll have a bottle of water, please
-        What would you like to eat?
o   I’ll have a tuna fish sandwich and a bowl of vegetable soup.
-        Ok.

Lesson 11: NOW AND LATER

-        Chris, where are you going?
o   I’m going to go to the store.
-        Really? I’m going to go there too
o   Would you like to come with me?
-        Yes, let’s go together.
o   Would you like to go now or later?
-        Now.
o   What?
-        Now would be better.
o   Ok, let’s go
-        Shall we walk?
o   It’s too far. Let’s drive.


Lesson 12: DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY?

-        Tony, what are you going to go today?
o   I’m going to shopping
-        What time are you leaving?
o   I’m going to leave around 4 o’clock
-        Will you buy a ham sandwich for me at the store
o   Ok.
-        Do you have enough money?
o   I’m not sure.
-        How much do you have?
o   25$. Do you think that enough?
-        That’s not very much.
o   I think it’s ok. I also have 2 credit cards.
-        Let me give you another 10$.
o   Thanks. See you later.

Lesson 13: HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?

-        Hello, Tom
o   Hi, Ann
-        How have you been?
o   Not to good.
-        Sorry to hear that.
o   It’s ok, it’s not serious
-        That’s good. How’s your wife?
o   She’s good.
-        Is she America now?
o   No, she’s not here yet.
-        Where is she?
o   She’s in Canada with our kids.
-        I see. I have to go now. Please tell your wife I said hi.
 Ok, I’ll talk to you later.


Lesson 14: BUYING A SHIRT

-        Excuse me.
o   Hello sir, may I help you?
-        Yes, can I see that shirt on the top shelf please?
o   Sure, here it is.
-        How much does it cost?
o   50 $
-        50$. That’s too much.
o   How about this one? It’s on sale for only 35$.
-        I don’t like that one.
o   How about the one next to the black gloves? It’s similar to the one you like.
-        That’s nice. How much is it?
o   30$
-        That’s be fine.
o   Is this color ok or would you like a different color?
-        That blue one’s fine.
o   Do you need any more of these shirts?
-        Yes.
o   How many do you want?
-        I’ll take 2 more a red one and a white one.

Lesson 15: ASKING A LOCATION

-        Excuse me. I’m looking for the Holiday Inn, do you know where is it?
o   Sure. It’s down the street on the left.
-        Is it far from here?
o   No, it’s not far.
-        How far is it?
o   About mile and a half.
-        How long does it take to get there?
o   5 minutes or so.
-        Is it close to the subway station?
o   Yes, it’s very close the subway station is next to the hotel. You can walk there.

-        Thanks a lot.

   Lesson 16: DO YOU KNOW THE ADDRESS?

-           Excuse me. Do you know how to get to the mall?
o    Sure, I used to work there. Go straight for about a mile then turn left at the light. The mall will be on the right.
-           Do you know the address?
o    Yes, the address is 541 Main Street.
-           Can you write it down for me please?
o    No problem.
-           Is it faster if I take Highland Avenue?
o    No, the way is longer. There are more stop lights on the street.
-           I think you’re right. Thanks

Lesson 17: VACATION TO CANADA

-           What’s today’s date?
o    It’s July 5th.
-           When are you going to vacation?
o    I’m leaving on Sunday. We’re going to Canada.
-           Really? The day after tomorrow. That’s very soon.
o    Yes, I know.
-           How long are you going to stay here?
o    About 2 weeks.
-           When are you coming back?
o    I’m coming back on the 17th.
-           Alright. Have a nice trip.

Lesson 18: THE SUPERMARKET IS CLOSED

-        Jeff, I’m going the supermarket. Do you want to come with me?
o   I think the supermarket is closed now.
-        Oh, when does it close?
o   It’s closes at 7.00 on Sunday.
-        That’s too bad.
o   Don’t worry. We can go tomorrow morning. It’s open at 8.00
-        Alright. What do you want to go now?
o   Let’s take a walk for a half an hour. My sister will get here at about 8.30 and then we can all to out to dinner.
-        Where does she live?
o   She lives in San Fancisco
-        How long has she live there?
o   I think she’s live there for about 10 years.
-        That’s a long time. Where did she live before that?
o   San Diego.

Lesson 19: I LOST MY WALLET.

-        Hey, how’s it going?
o   Not good, I lost my wallet.
-        That’s too bad. Was it stolen?
o   No, I think it come out of my pocket when I was in the taxi.
-        I there anything I can do?
o   Can I borrow some money?
-        Sure. How much do you need?
o   50$
-        No problem.
o   Thanks. I’ll pay you back on Friday.
-        That’s fine. Here you are.
o   What are you going to do now?
-        I’m going to buy some books and then I’m going to the gas station.
o   If you wait a minute I can go with you.

-        Ok, I’ll wait for you.

No comments :