Lesson 1: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
- How are you?
o I’m good. How are you?
- Good. Do you speak English?
o A little. Are you American:
o Where are you from?
- I’m come from California.
o Nice to meet you.
- Nice to meet you, too.
Lesson 2: DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?
- Excuse me, are you American?
- Do you speak English?
o A little but not very well
- How long have you been here?
o 2 months/ only 2 months
- What do you do for work?
o I’m student. How aout you?
- I’m student, too.
Lesson 3: WHAT ‘S YOUR NAME?
- Excuse me, what’s your name?
o My name is …. What’s yours?
o You speak English very well.
- Thank you.
o Do you know what time is it?
- Sure. It’s 5.10 pm.
o Sorry. What did you say?
- I said 5.10 pm.o Thank you
Lesson 4: ASKING DIRECTIONS
- Hi, Nick
o Hi Ann. What’s up?
- I’m looking for airport. Can you tell me how to get there?
o No, sorry. I don’t know.
- I think I can take the subway to the airport. Do you know where the subway is?
o Sure. It’s over there.
- Where? I don’t see it.
o Across the street.
- Oh, I see it now. Thanks.
o Do you know if there’s a restroom around here.
- Yes, there’s one here. It’s in the store.
o Thanks.- Bye.
Lesson 5: I’M HUNGRY
- Hi, Sara. How are you?
o Fine. How are you doing?
o What do you want to do?
- I’m hungry. I’d like to eat something.
o Where do you want to go?
- I’d like go to an Italian food restaurant.
o What kind of Italian food do you like?
- I like spaghetti. Do you like spaghetti?
o No, I don’t but I like pizza.
Lesson 6: DO YOU WANT SOMETHING TO DRINK?
- David, would you like something to eat?
o No, I’m full.
- Do you want to something to drink?
o Yes, I’d like some coffee.
- Sorry, I don’t have coffee.
o That’s ok. I’ll have a glass of water.
- A small glass or big one.
o Small, please.
- Here you go.
- You’re welcome.
Lesson 7: THAT’S TOO LATE.
- Marry, would you like to get something to eat with me?
o Ok, when?
- At 10 o’clock.
o 10 in the morning?
- No, At night.
o Sorry, that’s too late. I usually go to bed around 10.pm
- Ok, how about 1.30 pm.
o No, that’s too early. I’ll still be at work then.
- How about 5pm
o That’s fine.
- Ok, see you then.o Alright. Bye.
Lesson 8: CHOOSE A TIME TO MEET
- Ann, would you like to have dinner with me?
o Yes, that would be nice. When do you want to go?
- Is today ok?
o Sorry, I can’t go today.
- How about tomorrow night?
o Ok. What time?
- Is 9.00pm all right?
o I think that’s too late.
- Is 6.00pm ok?
o Yes, that’s good. Where would you like to go?
- The Italian restaurant on 5th street.
o Oh, I don’t like that restaurant. I don’t want to go there.
- How about Korean restaurant next to it?
o Ok, I like that restaurant.
Lesson 9: WHEN DO YOU WANT TO GO?
- Hi Mark,
- What are you planning to do today?
o I’m not sure yet.
- Would you like to have lunch with me?
o Yes, when?
- Is 11.30 am ok?
o Sorry, I didn’t hear you. Can you say that again please?
- I said 11.30am
o Oh, I’m busy then. Can we meet a little later?
- Ok, how about 12.30am
o Ok, where?
- How about Bill’s seafood restaurant?
o Oh, where’s that?
- It’s on 7th street.o I’ll meet you there
Lesson 10: ORDER FOOD
- Hello, sir, would you like to order now?
o What do you have?
- What would you like to drink?
o I’ll have a bottle of water, please
- What would you like to eat?
o I’ll have a tuna fish sandwich and a bowl of vegetable soup.
Lesson 11: NOW AND LATER
- Chris, where are you going?
o I’m going to go to the store.
- Really? I’m going to go there too
o Would you like to come with me?
- Yes, let’s go together.
o Would you like to go now or later?
- Now would be better.
o Ok, let’s go
- Shall we walk?o It’s too far. Let’s drive.
Lesson 12: DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY?
- Tony, what are you going to go today?
o I’m going to shopping
- What time are you leaving?
o I’m going to leave around 4 o’clock
- Will you buy a ham sandwich for me at the store
- Do you have enough money?
o I’m not sure.
- How much do you have?
o 25$. Do you think that enough?
- That’s not very much.
o I think it’s ok. I also have 2 credit cards.
- Let me give you another 10$.
o Thanks. See you later.
Lesson 13: HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?
- Hello, Tom
o Hi, Ann
- How have you been?
o Not to good.
- Sorry to hear that.
o It’s ok, it’s not serious
- That’s good. How’s your wife?
o She’s good.
- Is she America now?
o No, she’s not here yet.
- Where is she?
o She’s in Canada with our kids.
- I see. I have to go now. Please tell your wife I said hi.Ok, I’ll talk to you later.
Lesson 14: BUYING A SHIRT
- Excuse me.
o Hello sir, may I help you?
- Yes, can I see that shirt on the top shelf please?
o Sure, here it is.
- How much does it cost?
o 50 $
- 50$. That’s too much.
o How about this one? It’s on sale for only 35$.
- I don’t like that one.
o How about the one next to the black gloves? It’s similar to the one you like.
- That’s nice. How much is it?
- That’s be fine.
o Is this color ok or would you like a different color?
- That blue one’s fine.
o Do you need any more of these shirts?
o How many do you want?
- I’ll take 2 more a red one and a white one.
Lesson 15: ASKING A LOCATION
- Excuse me. I’m looking for the Holiday Inn, do you know where is it?
o Sure. It’s down the street on the left.
- Is it far from here?
o No, it’s not far.
- How far is it?
o About mile and a half.
- How long does it take to get there?
o 5 minutes or so.
- Is it close to the subway station?
o Yes, it’s very close the subway station is next to the hotel. You can walk there.
- Thanks a lot.
Lesson 16: DO YOU KNOW THE ADDRESS?
- Excuse me. Do you know how to get to the mall?
o Sure, I used to work there. Go straight for about a mile then turn left at the light. The mall will be on the right.
- Do you know the address?
o Yes, the address is 541 Main Street.
- Can you write it down for me please?
o No problem.
- Is it faster if I take Highland Avenue?
o No, the way is longer. There are more stop lights on the street.
- I think you’re right. Thanks
Lesson 17: VACATION TO CANADA
- What’s today’s date?
o It’s July 5th.
- When are you going to vacation?
o I’m leaving on Sunday. We’re going to Canada.
- Really? The day after tomorrow. That’s very soon.
o Yes, I know.
- How long are you going to stay here?
o About 2 weeks.
- When are you coming back?
o I’m coming back on the 17th.- Alright. Have a nice trip.
Lesson 18: THE SUPERMARKET IS CLOSED
- Jeff, I’m going the supermarket. Do you want to come with me?
o I think the supermarket is closed now.
- Oh, when does it close?
o It’s closes at 7.00 on Sunday.
- That’s too bad.
o Don’t worry. We can go tomorrow morning. It’s open at 8.00
- Alright. What do you want to go now?
o Let’s take a walk for a half an hour. My sister will get here at about 8.30 and then we can all to out to dinner.
- Where does she live?
o She lives in San Fancisco
- How long has she live there?
o I think she’s live there for about 10 years.
- That’s a long time. Where did she live before that?
o San Diego.
Lesson 19: I LOST MY WALLET.
- Hey, how’s it going?
o Not good, I lost my wallet.
- That’s too bad. Was it stolen?
o No, I think it come out of my pocket when I was in the taxi.
- I there anything I can do?
o Can I borrow some money?
- Sure. How much do you need?
- No problem.
o Thanks. I’ll pay you back on Friday.
- That’s fine. Here you are.
o What are you going to do now?
- I’m going to buy some books and then I’m going to the gas station.
o If you wait a minute I can go with you.
- Ok, I’ll wait for you.